Robotic surgery has been called one of the greatest advances in the war on cancer and many experts believe it is the wave of the future in medicine. By using computer-guided instruments, surgeons can be more precise in the operating room, leading to fewer complications and better cure rates for patients, particularly those with aggressive tumours. Dr. Mangesh Patil is a surgeon from Mumbai who holds highly credible experience in robotic surgery.
He is a skilled surgeon plus uses the technology of robotics which leads to good outcomes. Having efficient experience, he is famed for handling complicated cases with ease. He is committed to the patient and performs the entire case from the beginning to the end without technician’s intervention. In experienced hands, robotic surgery has a better cure rate and fewer complications, compared to conventional open surgery, studies have shown. That’s because the computer-assisted technology allows doctors to be more precise in operating the affected area, while sparing surrounding nerves and other tissues that, when cut or damaged, can lead to impotence, incontinence, and other complications. That, in turn, reduces the risk for follow-up treatments, such as radiation, chemotherapy, or hormone treatments. Cancer patients who undergo robotic-assisted surgery have fewer cancer cells at the edge of their surgery sites, less need for additional treatments, and fewer complications than patients who have open surgery. Dr. Mangesh works towards achieving these for all his patients.
He also believes an experienced doctor is in the best position to advise patients about their treatment options and determine who is most likely to benefit from surgery. He says this is how robotic surgery is useful for different kinds of patients:
- Young adults – Young adults and middle-aged adults are one of the most ideal candidates for this surgery. They find this surgery suitable as they have career and family responsibilities and they want to get fit as fast as they can.
- Elderly patients – This procedure is very good for elderly patients, who are over 60; as they have to suffer less pain, it is better for their heart and pulmonary function, they have to stay in the hospital for a lesser time, and it is less painful.
- Any patient who is severely overweight and wants to undergo a surgery for obesity.
- Patients who need to get their gallbladder removed due to a disease.
- Patients who need to undergo surgery of the small intestine or the large intestine, and several common colon procedures.
- Patients suffering from hiatal hernia, swallowing difficulties, heartburn, and other chronic digestive problems.
- Patients who need to undergo complex surgeries of the pancreas, adrenal glands, liver, and spleen
Treating number of patients everyday and guiding their healthy routine Dr. Mangesh highlights the laybacks of robotic surgery in Mumbai as follows:
Dr. Mangesh has proven his ability in treating patients with his skills, make them feel comfortable and fore go the mental disease they have because of their ailment. His efforts and standards in the field of robotic surgery is pro active. Mumbai being the city of dreams has many patients migrating from different parts of the world seeking for treatment. Dr. Mangesh identifies such patients and treats them, makes them feel safer and allows them to lead the life they dream of. The fear of surgery is not an issue anymore. The pain and recovery time is minimal. All a doctor has to do is increase belief of survival in patients and advise best cure, this is followed by Dr. Mangesh and he will continue to do the same.